Moda Fabric Flight Tailwind Quilt Pattern by Janet Clare
- Low price guarantee
- 30 days Returns
- Free UK delivery on orders over £99
Tailwind' is a striking and beautiful quilt with amazing energy and movement created using a traditional log cabin block design with fusible laser cut appliqué aeroplanes.
My quilt is made using a jelly roll and yardage from my 'Flight' fabric collection for Moda. A full fabric kit for this quilt will be available very soon!
The pattern is printed in full colour, and includes colour photographs, detailed block construction diagrams and full-size appliqué templates to make your own aeroplanes if not using the laser cut packs. A bonus project is also included showing you how to make a string quilt with the jelly roll scraps!
The fabric requirements to piece the front, back and bind this quilt are as follows, with the fabrics I used from my Flight collection shown in brackets.
- 1 Jelly Roll for log cabin strips (Flight Jelly Roll, 1410JR)
- 1 ¼ yd mid-tone blue for log cabin block centres (Vapour > Sky, 1414-17)
- ¾ yd dark blue for binding (A Nice Stripe > Indigo - Sky, 1411-21)
- 3 packs laser cut appliqué aeroplanes or 27 fabric scraps in a variety of blue and cream colours and patterns – six each of 6 ½ x 6 ½, 4 ½ x 4 ½, 2 ½ x 2 ½ inches (Flight Laser Cut Fusible Aeroplanes, CUT12)
- 3 ¼ yds fabric for backing (Rivets > Cream - Red, 1415-15)
The finished quilt measures ~50 x 50 inches.
- barcode: 635292492143
- supplier code: MPATT JC124